Disable Adobe Sign In Prompt – Acrobat Pro DC

After using Adobe Creative Cloud Packager to package Acrobat Pro DC for installation, I noticed that I would receive an Adobe Sign In prompt every time I launched the program.

2015-04-15 08_26_59-win7-test-02 on 172.27.53.214

Acrobat Pro DC was installed as part of a Creative Cloud package that only contained Acrobat Pro DC, no other products were installed alongside it.  Further testing showed that this prompt would disappear if I did install another CC product alongside Acrobat DC, such as Photoshop CC.  This suggested to me that Acrobat DC might not be licensed correctly.

Ultimately I fixed the issue by using the “Create License File” option in Creative Cloud Packager.

2015-04-16 10_05_23-Creative Cloud Packager

Create the package and choose a location to save it to.

2015-04-16 10_07_00-Creative Cloud Packager

Then enter the Enterprise License Key.

2015-04-16 10_07_18-Creative Cloud Packager

This process will create a folder containing some files and an executable named “AdobeSerialization.exe”.  If you run this executable after installation of Acrobat Pro DC, it should properly license the product and stop the “Adobe Sign In” prompts.

The following batch file will install Acrobat Pro DC that’s been packaged using Creative Cloud Packager.

@echo off
exceptions\ExceptionDeployer.exe --workflow=install --mode=pre --installLanguage=en_US
msiexec /i "build\Adobe Acrobat x64.msi" /l*v "install.log" /qn
exceptions\ExceptionDeployer.exe --workflow=install --mode=post --installLanguage=en_US
license\AdobeSerialization.exe
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

.NET Framework 3.5 Feature Error Code: 0x800F0906

Attempting to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8.1 using the “Add Windows Features” dialog and received the following error.

Untitled picture

Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.

Windows couldn't connect to the Internet to download necessary files. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, and click "Retry" to try again.

Error code 0x800F0906

This seems to be caused by Group Policy setting restricting Windows Update to a local WSUS server.

To get around this, create the following registry key:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Servicing] “RepairContentServerSource”=DWORD(2)

This key will only affect the loading of new features, it won’t prevent the PC from pulling updates from WSUS.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

OpenSSH – libwrap error on Ubuntu 12.04

While attempting to install OpenSSH-Server on Ubuntu Server 12.04 I received the following libwrap0 error:

josh@test03:~$ sudo apt-get install openssh-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be install. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
 
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 openssh-server : Depends: libwrap0(>= 7.6-4~) but it is not installable
                      Recommends: ssh-import-id but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

The problem was resolved by running:

sudo apt-get clean
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/*
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments

DirectAccess Certificate Binding Error

Problem:

I recently set up a single server DirectAccess box on Server 2012 R2.  I started having problems with clients not properly discovering the Network Location Server.  I logged on to the DirectAccess server and noticed the following on the Remote Access Management Console.

Specifically, the Network Location Server service reported an issue with Certificate Binding and Server Availability.

The specific error was:

The certificate binding for the network location server has been modified. Without the correct certificate, connectivity for DirectAccess clients located in the internal network will not work as expected.

Initially I thought there was something wrong with my DirectAccess certificate.  I also received an error when I checked the certificate in Infrastructure Setup.

The certificate subject name cannot be resolved to a valid IP address.

Solution:

The DNS entries that DirectAccess creates when it is set up were accidentally deleted in DNS by scavenging rules.

The entries that I had to add back were:

DirectAccess-NLS
DirectAccess-WebProbeHost
DirectAccess-CorpConnectivityHost

The CorpConnectivityHost entry had both “A” and “AAAA” records. The other two were just “A” records.

After adding these DNS entries, the errors went away.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment